Do you want sunshine, white coral sand, turquoise sea, fascinating history, exclusive shops, cool nightclubs, exciting cuisine and a friendly reception – travel to Mexico or as someone said to me on a holiday to Mexico a few years back – “Welcome home, welcome to Mexico”
In Mexico you’ll find all you can ask of from your holiday, the long-awaited relaxation with white sandy beaches made from soft coral sand, exciting excursions to the Mayan Jungle, a fascinating culture with great food and friendly people to top it all off.
Mexico Holiday Resorts
The Mayan Riviera on Yucatán Peninsula is an ideal destination for relaxation. The Peninsula is Mexico’s most popular holiday spot and Playa del Carmen is the best known tourist resort on the peninsula. Along the beaches are one of the world’s largest coral reef and the beach offers a wide range of water sports such as snorkeling, diving, etc.
Cancun also on the Yucatán Peninsula offers an excellent night life with numerous bars, nightclubs and shopping that adds extra spice to a pleasant beach with long fine pure white sand beaches and gentle surf along the Caribbean Sea. Here you can live and eat well at great All Inclusive hotels and gourmet restaurants.
Isla Mujeres – “island of women” is a small island just north of Cancun. Here it’s a bit calmer and you can still experience the authentic and genuine Mexico.
Cozumel is Mexico’s largest island and is situated just outside Playa del Carmen. The first settlers here were Mayan Indians.
Mexico City, with about 20 million inhabitants, Mexico’s capital and one of the world’s largest cities. There is a wide selection of Culture and at the Anthropology Museum, you can get an overview of different cultures in Mexico, among others Mayan culture.
The film Fun In Acapulco with Elvis Presley in the lead role certainly got the city well known all over the world. Hot nightlife, exclusive shopping and nice restaurants are all on offer in Acapulco. With a reputation for attracting the rich and famous, they have all the pleasures they could wish for. Acapulco is located on the west coast of Mexico so is an extra long flight from the UK. Acupulco is in a bay lined with sandy beaches. Here you can engage in deep-sea fishing, snorkeling and water sports. Take the opportunity to see the cliff divers at La Quebrada, where they throw themselves out off a 30+ metres high cliff!
Mayan culture is considered one of the world’s leading civilizations with a view to their early knowledge of astronomy and mathematics. Take the opportunity to visit one of its great archaeological sites, such as these :
- El Castillo – a beautiful pyramid in Yucatán Peninsula.
- Chichen Itza – fantastic archaeological ruins from the Mayan period.
- Coba – is the largest of all ancient Mayan cities that have so far been found.
- Tulum – Mayan walled city.
Other Mexico Highlights :
- Agua Azul – waterfall with a fantastic blue water.
- Xochimilco – the Floating Gardens.
- The world’s largest population of flamingos nesting along the river Rio Lagartos.
- Boat or Catamaran trip on the Caribbean Sea.
- Snorkeling in Punta Soliman-reef and swimming through freshwater underwater caves.
- Swim with dolphins – something of a Cancun classic.
Mexico offers so many experiences that you will undoubtedly want to return to this tropical paradise.
- Government: Republic
- Surface Area: 1 958 201 km2
- Capital: Mexico City with more than 20 million inhabitants
- Highest Mountain: Pico de Orizaba (5 700 metres above sea level)
- Longest rivers: Rio Bravo / Rio Grande (1 400 km)
- Largest lake: Lake Chapala (1 190 km2)
- Population: More than 100 million
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Mexican Peso